All DREAM Challenges@RECOMB 2019 talks will be delivered at the Marvin Center, Room 308. Break out Session will be at Marvin Center, Ground Floor, G-08, G-12, and G-16. The poster session and coffee breaks will take place in the Marvin Center, Room 309. The receiption will take place in the Marvin Center, Room 309 and 310 (see maps below).
Marvin Center is located at the George Washington University campus. The campus is situated in Foggy Bottom, one of the oldest late 18/19th-century neighborhoods in D.C. This historic campus, nestled between the White House, the Kennedy Center and Lincoln Memorial.
Getting to Foggy Bottom
Foggy Bottom is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, D.C., close to three major airports, including Ronald Reagan Washington National, Washington Dulles International and Baltimore Washington International, as well as to Union Station where you can take the bus or train. How to reach Foggy Bottom from airports can be found here.
- Foggy Bottom (Orange, Silver, Blue Lines, 0.3 miles)
- Farragut North (Red Line, 0.6 miles)
Reaching the Venue
From Foggy Bottom Metro, take a right onto 23rd Street NW followed by a left (east) turn into H Street NW. Continue for two blocks and you will find the venue on your left at the intersection with 21st Street NW. From Farragut North Metro, stay on K Street NW and walk 4 blocks west until you reach 21st Street NW. Take a left on 21st Street NW and continue until H Street NW. The venue will be on your right side.
If you’re driving to campus, you can enter the Marvin Center’s address of 800 21st Street NW into your GPS as a reference point or head right to one of our visitor parking garages. Be sure to review the parking garage rates and hours before you arrive.
Two wireless networks are available across the GW campus: GWconnect (available to everyone upon free registration), and eduroam (available to attendees from participating institutions). Please visit the webpage for details.
RECOMB Mobile App
This year, RECOMB has partnered with Whova to provide you with the official RECOMB app featuring the conference program, information about the speakers, abstracts, restaurant suggestions, and much more. Don’t miss out and download it today in the app store. Search for Whova – Event & Conference App or follow this link. We also recommend to download the RECOMB App to easily organize and join groups visiting a particular restaurant.
The poster session will take place in Room 309 of the Marvin Center and the reception will take place in Room 309 and 310 of the Marvin Center.
As you prepare your poster, please be aware that the maximum allowable poster size is 40″ x 40″, so please plan accordingly.
Lunch, Dinner, and Bar Suggestions
With over 2450 restaurants and bars, Washington D.C. offers one of the richest culinary experiences on the east coast. Below, we have selected a small subset of establishments that are within walking distance of the conference venue. We highly recommend to use our RECOMB app to create and coordinate groups to explore these options together. Besides our suggestions below, additional options are located on M street (20 – 25 minutes walk) and U street (30 – 40 minutes walk).
- Founding Farmers – ★★★★★, $$, american, 1924 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 4 minutes walk
- District Commons – ★★★★ $$, american, 2200 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 6 minutes walk
- Tonic At Quigley’s – ★★★, $$, american, 2036 G St NW, 3 minutes walk
- CIRCA at Foggy Bottom – ★★★, $$, american, 2221 I St NW, 4 minutes walk
- Old Ebbitt Grill – ★★★★★, $$$, iconic american tavern, 675 15th St NW, 16 minutes walk
- GCDC Grilled cheese bar – ★★★★ sandwiches, 1730 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 8 minutes walk (closed on Sunday)
- Georgia Brown – ★★★★★, $$, south american, 950 15th St NW, 17 minutes walk
- Boqueria – ★★★★★, $$$, spanish, 1837 M St NW, 13 minutes walk
- Elephant castle – ★★★★, $$, english pub, 900 19th Street, I St NW, 6 minutes walk
- Cafe Mozart – ★★★★★, $$, german, 1331 H St NW, 19 minutes walk
- Café du Parc – ★★★, $$$, french, 1401 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 19 minutes walk
- Bertucci’s – ★★★, $$, italian, 2000 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 3 minutes walk
Indian and Middle Eastern
- Bindaas – ★★★★, $$, indian street, 2000 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 4 minutes walk
- Rasika West End – ★★★★★, $$$, indian, 1190 New Hampshire Ave NW, 11 minutes walk
- The Bombay Club – ★★★★, $$$, indian, 815 Connecticut Ave NW, 12 minutes walk
- George’s King of Falafel – ★★★★★, $$, middle eastern, 1205 28th St NW, 17 minutes walk
Mexican and Peruvian
- District tacos – ★★★, $$, tacos, 1919 M St NW, 12 minutes walk
- El Centro – ★★★★★, $$, best for tacos, 1218 Wisconsin Ave NW, 23 minutes walk
- Nazca Mochica – ★★★★★, $$, peruvian, 1633 P St NW, 23 minutes walk
- Nagomi Izakaya – ★★★★, $$, japanese, 1990 M St NW, 12 minutes walk (closed on Sunday)
- Chalin’s Restaurant – ★★★, $$, asian, 1912 I St NW, 7 minutes walk
- Kaz Sushi Bistro – ★★★★, $$, japanese, 1915 I St NW, 6 minutes walk (closed on Sunday)
- McCormick & Schmick’s – ★★★★, $$$, 1652 K St NW, 14 minutes walk (closed on Sunday)
More economical options are also available on the George Washington campus including Burger Tap & Shake (2200 Penn Ave NW), Beefsteak (800 22nd St NW), &pizza (2224 F St NW), Paul (2000 Penn Ave), Potbelly (616 23rd St NW), Sweetgreen (2221 I St NW), Chopt (1730 Penn Ave NW), Chick-fil-A (2121 H St NW), Chipotle (2000 Penn Ave NW), and so on. One can also find several food trucks on H Street NW. Whole Food Market and Trader Joe’s are located 2201 I St NW and 1101 25th St NW, respectively.
- Founding Farmers – $$, american with rustic-chic style, 1924 Pennsylvania Ave NW
- Old Ebbitt Grill – $$$, iconic american tavern, 675 15th St NW
- Georgia Brown – $$, american, southern coast, 950 15th St NW
- Boqueria – $$$, spanish tapas, nice wine bar, 1837 M St NW
- Elephant castle – $$, english pub, 900 19th Street
- Cafe Mozart – $$, german, 1331 H St NW
- Martin’s Tavern – $$$, irish pub, 1264 Wisconsin Ave NW
- Filomena Ristorante – $$$, italian, 1063 Wisconsin Ave NW
- The Sovereign – $$, belgian, belgian-style beer, 1206 Wisconsin Ave NW
- b DC Penn Quarter – $$, burgers, beer, bourbon, 801 Penn. Ave NW
- Clyde’s – $$, american, 707 7th St NW
- MXDC Cocina Mexicana – $$, mexican, great bar area, 666 14th St NW
- Momofuku CCDC – $$, asian fare, 1090 I St NW
- Chercher Ethiopian Restaurant – $, Ethiopian, 1334 9th St NW
- Nazca Mochica – $$, peruvian, 1633 P St NW
- Filomena Ristorante – $$$, italian, 1063 Wisconsin Ave NW
- Zattinya – $$$, mediterranean, 701 9th St NW
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant – $$, italian, 425 7th Street NW at, E St NW
- Fogo de chao – $$$, brazilian, 1101 Pennsylvania Ave NW
- Tosca – $$$, northern italian, 1112 F St NW
- Central Michel Richard – $$$, french, 1001 Pennsylvania Ave
- Rasika West End – $$$, indian, 1190 New Hampshire Ave NW
- Equinox – $$$, american, 818 Connecticut Ave NW
- Artechouse – bar and museum, (recommended!)
- The Sovereign – featuring nearly 400 beers
- Georgetown Piano Bar – cocktails and piano entertainment
- Hive Bar – very close to lisner auditorium with a rooftop
- ENO wine bar – nice wine bar paired with cheese
- Blackfinn Ameripub – classic american pub
- Cuba Libre Restaurant and Rum Bar – fun cuban bar
- Oyamel Cocina Mexicana – fun mexican bar
- Boqueria – nice wine bar
- Clyde’s – works until late night
- DNV Rooftop – chic rooftop lounge with cocktails
- ChurchKey – a large selection of draft beers